As a result of a COVID-19 exposure linked to the “Poker Run” on August 28, the Health Unit is advising patrons who attended the following locations on Saturday, August 28th connected with the “Poker Run” to self-monitor for symptoms of COVID-19 and to seek testing at an Assessment Centre:
- Poker Run Meeting at Comfort Inn in Gananoque – 7:30am to 9:00am
- Poker Run Meeting at Moose McGuire’s Restaurant in Brockville – 12:00pm to 1:30pm
- Poker Run Dinner at Moroni’s Restaurant in Gananoque – 7:00pm to 11:00pm
If you were at the premises during those times on August 28th, we advise you to:
- Monitor for symptoms carefully, even mild ones e.g., fever, cough, shortness of breath, loss of taste and smell, muscle aches and pains and fatigue
- If symptoms develop:
o Immediately self-isolate
o Contact the Health Unit at 1-800-660-5853
o Get tested at a local assessment centre Notify the assessment centre staff of where your exposure took place
- If you have questions or concerns, please contact the Infectious Disease Program, at 1-800-660-5853 extension 2222
Because the COVID-19 virus spreads so easily, especially the Delta Variant – we all need to do our part to slow and reduce the spread of the virus. This means:
- Get vaccinated – check here for dates and times of clinics: https://healthunit.org/health-information/covid-19/protection/vaccine-clinics/
- Limit the amount of people you are socializing with or sports teams you play on
- Practice physical distancing – stay 2 meters (6 feet) away from people in public areas
- Use a cloth face covering/mask if you cannot stay 6 feet away from people when out in public – and in indoor public spaces when with people outside your household.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, or use hand sanitizer after being in touch with others or handling anything from outside your home
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Cover your cough and sneeze with a tissue or into your arm, not your hands
- Do not share personal items that come into contact with saliva such as toothbrushes, eating utensils, drinks, water bottles, and towels
- If you are experiencing any respiratory symptoms (including fever) – please self-isolate immediately and complete the online self-assessment.
For more information about COVID-19, visit www.healthunit.org/coronavirus or call 1-800-660-5853 x2499. You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter @LGLHealthunit.