Brockville – The Leeds Grenville Small Business Centre proudly launches its annual Summer Company program on June 1st, 2021. The launch will be held over Zoom. The centre celebrates 21 years of delivering the Summer Company program.
This year 8 young entrepreneurs in Leeds Grenville will experience being their own boss this summer. The seats were easily filled this year by eager students. The entrepreneurs will use their creative genius and community support to successfully operate their businesses this summer.
The Summer Company is funded by the Government of Ontario. The program provides hands-on business training and mentoring. The participants will receive:
- An award of up to $1,500 in early summer to help with business start-up costs, and an additional $1,500 award in the fall upon the successful completion of their Summer Company business and proof of returning to school
- Education on all things small business and the opportunity to meet every 2 weeks with a local business mentoring group for support and advice on operating their summer business.
This year’s Summer Company participants include:
- Braden Clark, Riverside Marine Detailing; will provide mobile marine detailing to clients in the 1000 Islands area. Braden can be reached by email Riversidemarinedetailing@gmail.com or by phone at 613-770-0802 and you can find Braden on Facebook: @RMDBradenClark. The business is located in Leeds and Thousand Islands Township.
- Julia Higginson, Skye Designs; will create original artwork such as hand drawn portrait or inverted drawings. Julie can also create digital logos and designs. She will do custom work and will also be providing online art tutorials. You can reach Julia at email@example.com or 613-802-2002. Facebook & Instagram – To Be Announced. The business is located in the Township of Edwardsburgh-Cardinal.
- Savannah Jordan, Savy Sunshine Designs; will create digital art revolving around K-Pop culture; producing high quality art prints and stickers to decorate any space or personal item. Savannah will sell her customized designs and products on Etsy and locally. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 343-260-9434. Facebook and Instagram – To Be Announced. The business is in Augusta Township.
- Connor Kelly, Through The Hoop Basketball Training; will provide 1 on 1 basketball training sessions this summer at outdoor facilities in the Brockville area following all of the COVID protocols. Connor will offer summer packages and customized bundles to serve his clients this summer. He can be reached at 613-803-6531 or email@example.com. Facebook and Instagram – @ThroughtheHoopBasketballTraining. The business is located in Elizabethtown-Kitley
- Natalie Petherick, Sunset Sweets; will be operating a mobile ice-cream cart in the eQuinelle Community this summer in Kemptville. Natalie will create the whimsy of an old-fashioned ice cream truck and provide refreshments, like popsicles and ice cream treats. Natalie can be reached at SunsetSweetsIceCream@gmail.com or 613-292-4031. The business is located in North Grenville.
- Erika Stevenson, Body Love Apparel; will create apparel that encourages individuals to love their bodies. Erika will provide her designs and messages on shirts in a full range of sizes from XS to 3XL and she will also create Body Love Tote bags as an additional product option. Erika will donate $1.00 of every item purchase to the Eating Disorders Foundation of Canada. You can reach Erika at 613-246-2583 or firstname.lastname@example.org and Facebook @bodylove.apparel . The business is located in the City of Brockville.
- Isaac Warren, St Lawrence Spice; will sell a variety of hot peppers, homemade hot pepper products and complimentary produce at the Brockville Farmer’s Market this year. Isaac wants to provide the community with hot pepper choices! You can reach Isaac at 613-801-5423 or email@example.com. Instagram – sl_spice. His business is located in Elizabethtown-Kitley Township.
- Julia Zipfel, Red Rings North; will create hand made rings using carefully chosen material. She will display her rings at various local shows and markets (COVID protocol will be followed). Julia will explore other jewellery creations this summer and she will design a custom piece made to fit your style and size. You can reach Julia at 613-246-2583 or firstname.lastname@example.org and Instagram @redringsnorth. The business is located in North Grenville.