- Of the region’s population 12 years of age and over, 96.6% have first doses (95.6% last week), and 91.3% have second doses (90% last week) (as of Oct 3, 2021).
- 989 first doses were administered last week as well as 1450 second doses
- In youth 12–17, 87.5% have first doses and 79.5% have second doses.
- In ages 18–29, 80.7% have first doses and 72.3% have second doses.
o We encourage those 18–29 to check out the options for getting vaccinated below.
- Our vaccination dashboard has all the details and will be updated again next Tuesday, October 12.
- A number of clinics are available in various communities: check our website for up to date times and dates: https://healthunit.org/health-information/covid-19/protection/vaccine-clinics/
- Our local Call Centre has started operations again. The 1-844-369-1234 line will be open Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, and will provide support for residents who wish to book an appointment for COVID-19 vaccine, and residents who require support to access their COVID-19 vaccine receipt.
- Check a participating pharmacy for availability as well
- We are highly recommending to all LGL sport and recreation fitness organizations that all adults 18 plus associated with indoor activities be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
- Visit the Ontario Government COVID-19 website for details of businesses and organizations where the certificate is needed: https://news.ontario.ca/en/release/1000779/ontario-to-require-proof-of-vaccination-in-select-settings
- All Ontarians can download their vaccine receipt as proof of their vaccine status until an enhanced vaccine certificate with a QR code is available. You can also call the Provincial Vaccine Booking Line at 1-833-943-3900 for assistance with vaccine receipts.
- You can photocopy, reduce or laminate your proof of vaccine to make it easier and more durable for use. You are not able to laminate the thermal paper copy (you can photocopy it) – check with local libraries and copy shops for assistance in printing/photocopying and laminating.
- If you received vaccinations outside of Ontario there is a new option to submit out of Province COVID-19 Vaccination Records
For more information on COVID-19 vaccines, visit the COVID-19 Protection and Vaccines section of our website.