· Of the region’s population 12 years of age and over, 96.9% have first doses (96.6% last week), and 92.5% have second doses (91.3% last week) (as of Oct 10, 2021).
· 995 first doses were administered last week as well as 1072 second doses
· In youth 12–17, 88.9% have first doses and 70.9% have second doses.
· In ages 18–29, 81.67% have first doses and 74% have second doses.
· We encourage those 18–29 to check out the options for getting vaccinated below.
· Our vaccination dashboard has all the details and will be updated again next Tuesday, October 19.
· On Friday, Oct 8th, the provincial call centre started their Unrostered-Unvaccinated Contact Centre Reach Out by calling over 7000 people (registered with a health care provider in our area) that are showing as having no doses. If you are contacted, check out our clinics to book an appointment or find a walk-in clinic.
· A number of clinics are available in various communities: check our website for the up to date times and dates and if walk-ins are accepted: https://healthunit.org/health-information/covid-19/protection/vaccine-clinics/
· Our local Call Centre can be reached at 1-844-369-1234 line will be open Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, and will provide support for residents who wish to book an appointment for COVID-19 vaccine, and residents who require support to access their COVID-19 vaccine receipt.
· Check a participating pharmacy for availability as well
· Visit the Ontario Government COVID-19 website for details of businesses and organizations where the certificate is needed: https://news.ontario.ca/en/release/1000779/ontario-to-require-proof-of-vaccination-in-select-settings
· All Ontarians can download their vaccine receipt as proof of their vaccine status until an enhanced vaccine certificate with a QR code is available. You can also call the Provincial Vaccine Booking Line at 1-833-943-3900 for assistance with vaccine receipts. We will post an update when the QR Code is available.
For more information on COVID-19 vaccines, visit the COVID-19 Protection and Vaccines section of our website.