Leeds County – The Leeds County Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) with the assistance of the Leeds, Grenville and Lanark Community Street Crime Unit (CSCU) has arrested an individual involved in multiple vehicle thefts and residential break and enters.
Officers investigated calls for service that spanned from November 24, 2021, to December 17, 2021, across various townships including; Leeds and Grenville County, Elizabethtown-Kitley, Front of Yonge and Athens. Video footage of the suspect was obtained and a social media post assisted in identifying the accused.
Terry WARNER, 51 years old, of Brockville, has been arrested and charged with the following 21 Criminal Code offences:
• Possession of property obtained by crime over $5000, CC 354(1)(a) – three counts
• Possession of property obtained by crime under $5000, CC354(1)(a)
• Break and enter dwelling house with intent to commit an indictable offence, CC 348(1)(a) – eight counts
• Break and enter dwelling-house – commit an indictable offence, CC 348(1)(b) – two counts
• Disguise with intent, CC 351(2)
• Theft under $5000, CC 334(b) – two counts
• Fail to Comply with Probation Order, CC 733.1(2) – two counts
• Dangerous operation, CC 320.13(1)
• Flight from a peace officer, CC 320.17
The accused remains in custody awaiting a bail hearing at the Ontario Court of Justice in Brockville.