On the 3rd of June 2021 at 11:25 AM, a call of a possible impaired driver on Perth Street was received. The call was placed by an off duty police officer who had witnessed the erratic driving. Officers located the vehicle on Central Ave and made a vehicle stop. A 64-year-old male driver was arrested for impaired operation of a conveyance. The male subsequently provided two samples of his breath to a qualified technician with levels of nearly 4 times the legal limit. He was charged with impaired operation and drive with more than 80 mgs of alcohol in his blood. He will appear in court at a later date.
On June 4th shortly before 1:00 AM, officers responded to a call of a domestic dispute in the city’s north end. The two parties involved had an intense argument that ended with an 18 year old female kicking out a window of the residence. The female was charged for mischief and released with a future court date.
Arrest on Warrants:
- June 4th at 11:30 AM, an officer on routine patrol arrested a 34-year-old Brockville resident for an outstanding warrant from the Ontario Provincial Police. The male was arrested on Perth Street and promptly turned over to the OPP.
- June 4th at 12:56 PM, a 29-year-old male surrendered to police for his outstanding charges. The male was wanted by our service for harassment from an incident on the 3rd of June. He was released from custody with a future court date.
- June 4th at 5:20 PM, officers arrested a 39-year-old male on King Street West at Perth Street as a warrant had been issued for breach of probation. The male was held in custody for a bail hearing.
- June 5th at 2:38 PM, officers on bike patrol responded to a complaint of a suspicious person on the bike path. The officers located a 32-year-old female that was wanted by our service on an outstanding warrant. She was arrested without incident and will appear in court at a later date to answer to her charges.
- June 6th at 11:52 PM, officers arrested a 22-year-old female for her outstanding warrant for failing to attend court. She was located by an officer on routine patrol on King St. West at John Street. She was later released with a future court date.
On the 4th of June 2021 at 9:50 PM, officers responded to reports of a disturbance in the hallway of an apartment building on Kensington Parkway. A 47-year-old male and 31 year old male had some sort of physical altercation in the hallway. The 31 year old was eventually arrested for uttering a threat after a former girlfriend of his approached police reporting it. That male was held in custody for his bail hearing.
A neighbour dispute has led to charges against a 60-year-old male. Over the weekend officers were called to a residence in the center of the city for several “neighbour dispute” type calls. The male was charged on the 6th of June for mischief after he had ripped out part of a hedge that belonged to the complainant. He will appear in court at a later date to answer to the charge.
On Saturday June 5th two bike patrol officers conducted targeted enforcement in the downtown core. In their 6-hour patrol, those officers issued 4 tickets under the Highway Traffic Act, 1 under the Liquor License Act and made two arrests. The patrols will continue throughout the summer.
Break and Enter:
On June 6th at 6:23 PM, officers were called to a residence on Seven Oaks Avenue for reports of a break and enter. The home owner confronted a male trying to enter his residence. That male fled the area, but was located by officers and arrested for breaking and entering. A search incident to his arrest led to the discovery of methamphetamine. The male was charged for “breaking and entering” and possession of a controlled substance. He was held in custody for a bail hearing.