Brockville – The Volunteer Association is back with a bang and hoping to start raising funds again to purchase hospital equipment with their forthcoming ‘Great Big Yard Sale’.
- Date: Saturday, July 24
- Time: 8:40 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Location: 1369 Briarwood Drive, Brockville
- Cash only — no holds. Covid precautions in place and masks are required.
“We’ve had so many donations of books, puzzles, decorative items, household goods, baking dishes, dishes, seasonal sports, lawn equipment and a couple of kitchen appliances!” says Donna Shram, Association President.
“It’s certainly the largest yard sale we’ve put together for some time. The monies that we raise, from our fundraising events, café and gift shop (when they are able to reopen) are given to the hospital to buy much needed medical equipment.”
About the Brockville General Volunteer Association
- The Brockville General Volunteer Association has been serving Brockville General Hospital for over 130 years.
- Over 300 dedicated volunteers donate more than 28,000 hours of time to BGH each year (pre-pandemic).
- Canadian hospitals are responsible for raising funds to purchase some of their equipment.
- Before the pandemic, volunteers supported staff and patients in many areas of the hospital, including Eleanor’s Café, the gift shop, patient services and palliative care.
- To learn more about the Brockville General Volunteer Association, visit www.brockvillegeneralhospital.ca/volunteer or visit us on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
- If you’re interested in becoming a volunteer, email firstname.lastname@example.org.