SOUTH DUNDAS – On August 17, 2018 at approximately 12:13 a.m., Stormont, Dundas & Glengarry (SD&G) Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) officers responded to a single vehicle collision on Broken Second Road, between Marine Station Road and County Road 1, South Dundas Township.
On October 28, 2018, one of the passengers on the All-Terrain Vehicle (ATV), Jasmine SAUNDERS, 18-years-old, died as a result of her injuries.
As a result of the investigation, Montana GABRIEL, 21-years-old of South Dundas, Ontario was charged with:
• Drive a Motor Vehicle while Impaired – cause death
• Drive a Motor Vehicle with over 80 Milligrams of Alcohol in blood – cause death
• Criminal negligence cause death
• Drive a Motor Vehicle while Impaired – cause bodily harm
• Drive a Motor Vehicle with over 80 Milligrams of Alcohol in blood – cause bodily harm
• Criminal negligence cause bodily harm
She was released and is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Cornwall on November 29, 2018.
SD&G OPP with the assistance of OPP Traffic Collision Investigators (TCI) continue the investigation.
Anyone having information on the above or any crime is asked to call SD&G OPP at 1-888-310-1122 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS).