LEEDS – Members of the Leeds County Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) are continuing an investigation involving a stolen excavator.
On August 3, 2019 at about 4:45 a.m. OPP officers responded to reports of a suspicious vehicle on Oakel Street in Lyndhurst. Police located the truck and attached trailer loaded with a small excavator. The driver and occupants failed to stop for police and later fled on foot from the vehicle. The OPP K-9 unit and ERT (Emergency Response Team) were deployed. The K-9 unit successfully located one male suspect.
Ryan SELLECK, 35 years old of Bastard-South Burgess Township was arrested and charged with:
- Possession of property obtained by crime over $5000
- Possession of break in instruments
- Fail to comply with recognizance x3
- Possession of weapon for dangerous purpose
- Trespassing at night
- Possession of a schedule I substance
The investigation is ongoing and police are looking at additional suspects.