STORMONT, DUNDAS & GLENGARRY – The SD&G Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) are investigating several incidents after responding to 140 calls for service from Friday January 4, 2019 to Monday January 7, 2019.
NORTH GLENGARRY – On January 4, 2019 at approximately 11:29pm, Stormont, Dundas & Glengarry (SD&G) Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) officers conducted a traffic stop on County Road 34 in North Glengarry Township. The investigation revealed that the adult male driver was under the influence of alcohol.
Paul SAUVE (58) of South Glengarry, Ontario was arrested and is charged with;
– Drive a Motor Vehicle while Impaired
– Drive a Motor Vehicle with over 80 Milligrams of Alcohol in blood
He was released and is scheduled to appear in Alexandria Court February 9, 2019.
SD&G – On January 4-6, 2019 Ontario Provincial Police officers conducted speed measuring enforcement in SD&G and intercepted the following vehicles for traveling at excessive speeds. The vehicles were impounded and their driver’s permits seized for seven (7) days in accordance to policy and were charged with Stunt Driving (Highway Traffic Act).
– January 4, 2019- 10:38pm (South Dundas); vehicle stopped traveling 155km/h (100km/h zone) (Highway 401). Male (18) driver from Mississauga, Ontario.
– January 5, 2019- 8:15am (South Dundas); vehicle stopped traveling 158km/h (100km/h zone) (Highway 401). Male (26) driver from Laval, Quebec.
– January 5, 2019- 2:08pm (South Dundas); vehicle stopped traveling 154km/h (100km/h zone) (Highway 401). Male (26) driver from Brampton, Ontario.
– January 6, 2019- 11:48pm (South Glengarry); vehicle stopped traveling 156km/h (100km/h zone) (Highway 401). Male (20) driver from Montreal, Quebec.
ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION ON THE ABOVE OR ANY CRIME IS ASKED TO CALL SD&G OPP AT 1-888-310-1122 OR CRIME STOPPERS AT 1-800-222-8477.