STORMONT, DUNDAS & GLENGARRY – The SD&G Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) are investigating several incidents after responding to 161 calls for service from Friday October 19, 2018 to Monday October 22, 2018.
Among these occurrences, SD&G OPP responded to:
– 9 Motor Vehicle collision
– 15 calls for Police assistance
– 12- 911 calls
– 22 traffic complaints
– 6 Traffic enforcement occurrence’s
– 4 RIDE Programs
– 1 neighbour dispute
– 3 Traffic hazards
– 4 Domestic disputes
– 9 thefts
– 6 Mischief calls
– 1 sudden death investigation
– 3 suspicious activity calls
– 3 mental health calls
– 1 break and enter
– 2 bail violation calls
– 4 animal complaints
– 2 drug offences calls
– 3 family disputes
– 3 Prevent breach of peace calls
STOLEN BOAT MOTORS
SOUTH GLENGARRY – On October 20, 2018 at approximately 10:05am, Stormont, Dundas &Glengarry Ontario Provincial Police responded to a report of a Boat being damaged and two outboard motors being taken from a property on County Road 2, South Glengarry Township. Investigation indicated that sometime in the previous months, two outboard motors and Bow railing were stolen.
SD&G – On October 19/21, 2018 Ontario Provincial Police officers conducted speed measuring enforcement in SD&G and intercepted the following vehicles for traveling at excessive speeds. The vehicles were impounded and the driver’s permits seized for seven (7) days in accordance to policy and were all charged with Stunt Driving (Highway Traffic Act).
– October 19, 2018 – 7:26pm (North Stormont); vehicle stopped traveling 143km/h (80km/h zone)(Highway 138). Male driver (24) from: Cornwall, Ontario.
– October 21, 2018 – 7:21pm (North Dundas); vehicle stopped traveling 147km/h (80km/h zone)(County Road 43). Male driver (16) from: North Grenville, Ontario.
TRESPASS BY NIGHT
SOUTH GLENGARRY – On October 22, 2018 at approximately 12:16am Stormont, Dundas & Glengarry Ontario Provincial Police officers responded to a report of suspicious person outside at a residence in South Glengarry Township. Investigation revealed that an adult male had trespassed onto the property and was breaching previous release conditions.
Jonathan LAUZON (32) of Cornwall, Ontario was arrested and is charged with;
– Trespassing by Night
– Fail to comply with conditions of a Undertaking ( 2 counts)
– Fail to comply with conditions of a Probation order
He was held in custody (bail) and is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Cornwall.
ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION ON THE ABOVE OR ANY CRIME IS ASKED TO CALL SD&G OPP AT 1-888-310-1122 OR CRIME STOPPERS AT 1-800-222-8477.