SD&G – SD&G OPP Reports for March 20th, 2019.
NORTH DUNDAS – On March 20, 2019 at approximately 12:53am, Stormont, Dundas & Glengarry (SD&G) Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) officer attempted to stop a vehicle for a traffic violation on County Road 5 in North Dundas Township. The vehicle failed to comply with the request and continued on until it was successfully intercepted by officers, without incident.
As the vehicle continued on, it was travelling at excessive speeds. The vehicle was impounded and his driver’s permit seized for seven (7) days in accordance to policy and was charged with Stunt Driving (Highway Traffic Act). The vehicle was stopped for travelling 148km/h in a 80km/h zone.
Further investigation revealed that the adult male driver was under the influence of alcohol.
Steven MCSHEFFREY (22) of Russell, Ontario was arrested and is charged with;
– Drive a Motor Vehicle while impaired
– Drive a Motor Vehicle with over 80 Milligrams of Alcohol in Blood
– Stunt Driving (Highway Traffic Act)
– Operate a motor vehicle without insurance (Compulsory Automobile Insurance Act)
– Driving under suspension (HTA)
– Fail to stop for police (HTA)
– Use plates not authorized for vehicle
He was released and is scheduled to appear in Morrisburg Court April 2, 2019.
ASSAULT WITH WEAPON – DOMESTIC
NORTH DUNDAS – On March 21, 2019 at approximately 2:49am Stormont Dundas & Glengarry Ontario Provincial Police officers responded to a report of domestic situation in North Dundas Township. Investigation revealed that an adult male had assaulted his girlfriend with a weapon after entering the residence unlawfully. The male was also in contravention of previous release conditions.
A 30-year-old male of South Dundas, Ontario was arrested and is charged with;
– Assault cause bodily harm
– Assault with a weapon
– Unlawfully in a dwelling house
– Fail to comply with a probation order (3 counts)
He was held in custody (Bail) and is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Cornwall.
SD&G – On March 19, 2019 Ontario Provincial Police officers conducted speed measuring enforcement in SD&G and intercepted the following vehicle for traveling at excessive speeds. The vehicle was impounded and their driver’s permit seized for seven (7) days in accordance to policy and was charged with Stunt Driving (Highway Traffic Act).
– March 19, 2019- 2:00pm (South Stormont); vehicle stopped. Was travelling 131km/h (80km/h zone) County Road 2. Male (59) driver from South Stormont, Ontario.
ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION ON THE ABOVE OR ANY CRIME IS ASKED TO CALL SD&G OPP AT 1-888-310-1122 OR CRIME STOPPERS AT 1-800-222-8477.