SD&G –SD&G OPP Reports for March 13th, 2018.
WARRANT EXECUTED – DRUGS AND WEAPONS SEIZED
NORTH STORMONT – On March 12, 2018, members of the Community Street Crime Unit, (ERT) Emergency response team and SD&G OPP officers executed a Controlled Drugs and Substances Search Warrant at a property on County Road 15, North Stormont Township. This resulted in the seizure of a quantity of Marihuana (34 pounds of cannabis, 30 pounds of hash cannabis resin and 50 pounds of cannabis shake) and methamphetamine pills (speed) plus a firearm.
The estimated street value of drugs seized $ 230,000.
Gerard SAUVE (75) of North Stormont, Ontario was arrested and charged with;
– Possession of a Controlled Substance for the purpose of Trafficking (2 counts)
– Unauthorized Possession of a weapon
– Unauthorized Possession of a weapon contrary to probation order
– Careless storage of a firearm
– Produce a control substance (2 counts)
– Possession of a controlled substance
-Possession of property obtained by crime over $5000
He was released and scheduled to appear in Cornwall court on April 17, 2018.
SOUTH DUNDAS – As a result of a sexual assault investigation conducted by members of the Stormont Dundas & Glengarry Ontario Provincial Police, assisted by the SD&G OPP Crime Unit, a 20yr old male resident of North Grenville was arrested on March 12, 2018.
The 20-yr old male resident of North Grenville faces charges of:
– Sexual Assault with a person under 16 years of age (2 counts)
– Sexual Interference (2 counts)
– Indecent Act (2 counts)
– Fail to comply with Probation Order
The above charges are in relation to incidents involving a young girl.
He was held in custody pending a court appearance (bail) at the Ontario Court of Justice in Cornwall.
The name of the accused is being withheld in order to protect the identity of the victim.