STORMONT DUNDAS & GLENGARRY – The SD&G Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) are investigating several incidents after responding to 224 calls for service from Thursday March 8, 2018 to Monday March 12, 2018.
Among these occurrences, SD&G OPP responded to:
– 7 domestic disputes
– 38 motor vehicle collisions
– 2 break and enter occurrences
– 25 calls for police assistance
– 14 traffic complaints and hazards
– 11 Traffic enforcement occurrences
– 11 911 calls
– 8 alarm calls
– 3 suspicious person calls
– 1 mental health act calls
– 1 community services occurrences
– 1 drug offence related calls
– 1 sudden death investigation
– 1 sexual assault investigation
– 1 prevent breach of peace calls
– 3 landlord tenant issues
– 16 RIDE checks were conducted
– 4 stolen vehicle calls
– 4 Fraud related calls
– 2 impaired occurrences
– 2 family disputes
– 2 Thefts
– 4 threat calls
– 1 bail violation call
– 3 animal complaints
– 1 assault call
– 4 warrant calls
DRIVER OF A STOLEN VEHICLE ARRESTED
NORTH STORMONT – On March 8, 2018 at approximately 8:57am SD&G OPP officers responded to a report of a stolen motor vehicle on Highway 138, North Stormont, Ontario. The investigation revealed that a Toyota Rav 4 had been taken from the residence. Shortly thereafter Police located the vehicle and the driver. Investigation further revealed that the male had stolen a GMC Sierra earlier in the day.
Joshua SABOURIN of North Glengarry, Ontario was arrested and is charged with;
– Theft over $5000 of a motor vehicle (2 counts)
– Fail to comply with conditions of a probation order (3 counts)
He was held in custody pending a court appearance (bail) at the Ontario Court of Justice in Cornwall.
NORTH GLENGARRY – On March 8, 2018 at approximately 3:03pm Stormont Dundas & Glengarry Ontario Provincial Police officers responded to a report of threats in North Glengarry Township. Investigation revealed that a male youth had uttered threats.
A 14-year-old male of North Glengarry, Ontario was arrested and is charged with;
– Uttering Threats (2 counts)
He was released and is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Cornwall court on April 5, 2018.
The name of the accused is being withheld in accordance with the Youth Criminal Justice Act (YCJA).
DRUGS SEIZED AT TRAFFIC STOP
SOUTH GLENGARRY – On March 9, 2018 at approximately 8:05m, Highway Safety Division (SD&G) Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) officers intercepted a vehicle during a traffic stop on County Road 34, South Glengarry Township. The stop resulted in the seizure of a quantity of suspected marijuana from a male.
Niruyan RAJA (25) of Oshawa, Ontario was arrested and is charged with;
– Possession of a Controlled Substance
He was released and is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Alexandria court on April 4, 2018.
SOUTH STORMONT – On March 9, 2018, A Highway Safety Division (HSD) Ontario Provincial Police officer was conducting speed measuring enforcement on Highway 401, South Stormont Townships.
The officer stopped a vehicle for travelling 156km/h (100km/h zone). The investigation revealed that the adult male driver was under the influence of alcohol.
Emile MORRISSETTE-BEAULIEU (27) of Quebec, Quebec was arrested and charged with;
– Drive a Motor Vehicle with Over 80 Milligrams of Alcohol in blood
– Stunt Driving (Highway Traffic Act)
He was released and is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Cornwall court on March 29, 2018.
NORTH GLENGARRY – On March 11, 2018 at approximately 6:11am, Stormont, Dundas & Glengarry (SD&G) Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) officers responded to a traffic complaint on Kenyon Street East, North Glengarry Township. The investigation revealed that the adult female driver was under the influence of alcohol.
Catherine STE-MARIE (28) of Ottawa, Ontario was arrested and is charged with;
– Care or control a Motor Vehicle while Impaired
– Care or control with over 80 Milligrams of Alcohol in blood
– Possession of a controlled substance
She was released and is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Alexandria on April 4, 2018.