SD&G – SD&G OPP Reports for July 25th, 2018.
SD&G – On July 23, 2018, Ontario Provincial Police officers conducted speed measuring enforcement in SD&G and intercepted the following vehicle for traveling at excessive speeds. The vehicle was impounded and the driver’s permits seized for seven (7) days in accordance to policy.
– July 23, 2018 – 7:39am (South Dundas); vehicle stopped traveling 157km/h (100km/h zone)(Highway 401). Male driver (32) from Cleveland, Ohio was charged with Stunt Driving (Highway Traffic Act).
SOUTH DUNDAS – As a result of a sexual assault investigation conducted by members of the Stormont Dundas & Glengarry Ontario Provincial Police, a 50-year- old male resident of South Dundas was arrested on July 24, 2018.
The 50-year-old male resident of South Dundas faces charges of:
– Sexual Assault
He was released and is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Cornwall court on September 4, 2018.
The name of the accused is being withheld in order to protect the identity of the victim.
TRAFFIC STOP RESULTS IN CHARGES
SOUTH DUNDAS – On July 24, 2018 at approximately 11:20am, Stormont Dundas & Glengarry Ontario Provincial Police officer had the occasion to attempt to stop a vehicle for a traffic violation on Fifth Street, South Dundas Township. The vehicle failed to comply with the request and continued on until it was successfully intercepted by officers on Casselman Road, South Dundas.
A 17-year-old male from North Dundas, Ontario was arrested and is charged with:
– Flight while pursued by peace officers
– Dangerous Operation of a motor vehicle
– Fail to Comply with conditions of a probation order ( 3 counts)
– Drive motor vehicle – no licence (Highway Traffic Act)
– Fail to stop for Police (HTA)
He was released and scheduled to appear in Cornwall court on August 23, 2018.
ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION ON THE ABOVE OR ANY CRIME IS ASKED TO CALL SD&G OPP AT 1-888-310-1122 OR CRIME STOPPERS AT 1-800-222-8477.