SOUTH GLENGARRY – On August 3, 2019 at shortly after 4:00 a.m., Stormont, Dundas & Glengarry (SD&G) Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) officers on patrol located a parked vehicle in the Glen Walter area. The vehicle had been involved in an earlier interaction with the Sureté du Quebec, in the Province of Quebec.
The lone male in the vehicle attempted to flee causing damage to two OPP vehicles and assaulted two officers. Upon being taken into custody the accused was transported to hospital for minor injuries. The officers sustained minor injuries.
As a result of the investigation, Joshua TUCKER-LAUZON, 20 year old from Niagara Falls, Ontario is facing the following Criminal Code and Highway Traffic Act charges:
- Two counts of Fail to Comply with Probation Order
- Four counts of Fail to Comply with Recognizance
- Two counts of Assault with a Weapon
- Two counts of Assault with Intent to Resist Arrest
- One count of Operation While Prohibited
- One Dangerous Operation of A Motor Vehicle
- Two counts of Mischief
- One count of Operating a Motor Vehicle while Impaired
- One count of Driving While Under Suspension
The accused is being held in police custody for a bail hearing to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Cornwall.
Any person with information regarding this investigation should immediately contact the Ontario Provincial Police at 1-888-310-1122. Should you wish to remain anonymous, you may call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222- 8477 (TIPS), where you may be eligible to receive a cash reward of up to $2,000.