TAY VALLEY TOWNSHIP – On Friday, May 26th, 2017, members of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Lanark County detachment and Organized Crime Enforcement Bureau (OCEB) executed a Controlled Drugs and Substances Act search warrant on a rural property and residence in the Township of Tay Valley.
Upon execution of the warrant to search, police arrested 6 individuals, 1 individual is still being sought at this time.
A search of the residence and outbuildings revealed an extensive indoor cannabis marihuana grow operation.
Following the completion of the search police seized:
- 6,139 cannabis marihuana plants at various stages of growth;
- 182 pounds of dried cannabis marihuana;
- 630 grams of cannabis resin – oil;
- 548 grams of cannabis resin – hard;
- Sophisticated / industrial size cannabis resin extraction device;
- Indoor marihuana growing equipment;
- An insecure sawed off semi-automatic shotgun;
- Two prohibited Conducted Energy Weapons (Tasers);
- Packaging materials;
- $1940.00 cash.
The following charges were laid against William Kenneth PINTO (61) of Lanark Highlands Twp., Richard MAROVAS (51) of Toronto, ON., John KENNEDY (41) of Central Frontenac Twp., Jacob ISENBERG (31) of Central Frontenac Twp., Richard LITTLE (30) of Newmarket, ON and Frank TEAL (25) of South Frontenac Twp.
- Production of a Schedule II Substance – Cannabis Marihuana
- Production of a Schedule II Substance – Cannabis Resin
- Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking Over 3 kgs. – Cannabis Marihuana
- Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking 3 kgs. or less – Cannabis Resin
- Careless Storage of a Firearm
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
- Possession of a Prohibited Device -Taser
MAROVAS, KENNEDY, ISENBURG, LITTLE and TEAL were released on an Undertaking and Promise to Appear for June 26th, 2017 at the Ontario Court of Justice – Perth, ON.
PINTO was held, pending a bail hearing. PINTO is to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice – Perth on May 30th, 2017 in answer to the charges.
An arrest warrant has been requested for the seventh accused, a 62 year old male from York, Ontario.