PRESCOTT – Officers of the Grenville County Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) are continuing to investigate incidents involving impaired drivers.
On August the 19th, 2017 at approximately 2:30am O.P.P officers attended a motor vehicle collision at King Street West, in the Town of Prescott. At this location a Hyundai Elantra had struck an unoccupied parked vehicle.
The driver was identified as 23 year old Nicholas MARTIN, of Edwardsburgh Township. Upon investigation, officer’s determined that the accused had been driving while his ability was impaired by alcohol. The accused was charged with:
- Driving while ability impaired – motor vehicle
- Driving with more than 80mgs of alcohol in blood
He is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice, Provincial Division in Brockville on September 15th, 2017.
The OPP would like to remind the public that impaired driving can have serious consequences, including:
- Immediate 90 day driver licence suspension
- Immediate 7 day vehicle impoundment
- Fines and Fees
- Back on Track educational programs
- Ignition Interlock Condition
- Minimum one year licence suspension
- Criminal Record
- Insurance Increases
Grenville County OPP officers will remain diligent in conducting R.I.D.E checks throughout the county at different times and locations.