PRESCOTT – Over the course of the summer of 2019, Grenville County officers with the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) have been investigating a crime spree of thefts from vehicles and break and enters in and around the Prescott area, Ontario.
Video surveillance was obtained when one of the culprits attempted to pay at a local store with a stolen credit card.
On the August 4, 2019, the culprit re-attended a local store and police were called. The male attempted to flee but he was arrested by the officers. In his possessions were numerous items connecting him to multiple crime scenes throughout Prescott and surrounding areas.
Joey ROBINSON aged 32 of Prescott, Ontario was arrested and charged with;
- Trespassing by Night contrary to s. 177 Criminal Code (CC) – two counts
- Theft Under $5000 from Motor vehicle contrary to s. 334(b) CC – eight counts
- Theft Under $5000 contrary to s.334(b) CC – two counts
- Possession of property obtained by crime contrary to s. 354(1)(a) CC – six counts
- Fraud Under $5000 contrary to s.380(1)(b) CC – three counts
- Break, Enter dwelling house – commit indicatable offence contrary to s.348(1)(b) CC – four counts
- Theft of Credit Card contrary to s.342(1)(a)
- Use of Credit Card contrary to s.342(1)(c)
- Mischief Under $5000 contrary to s.430(4) CC
- Carrying Concealed weapon contrary to s.90 CC
- Possession Break In Instruments contrary to s. 351(1)
- Resist Peace Officer contrary to s.129(a)
He was held in custody pending an appearance in the Ontario Court of Justice in Brockville.
Anyone having information on the above or any other crime is asked to call Grenville OPP at 1-888-310-1122 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.