Brockville – Brockville Police News for Oct 30th, 2017.
Domestic Disputes Sunday
Brockville Police responded to a pair of domestic disturbances last evening in an otherwise quiet day Sunday with 20 calls for service and minor in nature.
Sunday evening, just before 8 p.m. officers were called to the area of Buell Street at Pearl Street when a caller reported a young man and women in a heated argument. Caller advised the couple were walking westbound on Pearl Street. Responding officers eventually located the couple on Perth Street and spoke with the 19 year old man and his 21 year old girlfriend. Both reported it was a verbal argument only and agreed to go their separate ways for the night.
Shortly after 1 a.m. this morning Brockville Police were called to a King Street East apartment building, on a report of a domestic disturbance. When officers attended they spoke to the couple in the apartment who told police they were upset over some upsetting news they had received, which turned into an argument between the couple. Neither person was complaining of being assaulted or afraid nor the couple retired for the night.
Halloween Safety Tips
As Halloween is upon us tomorrow evening the Brockville Police Service would like to remind residents of a few easy safety tips to keep in mind so everyone can enjoy a fun and safe holiday.
- Ensure costumes are fun and creative but also safe. Make sure children can be seen by drivers and decorate costumes and bags with reflective stickers or tape. Carry flashlights or glow sticks so you can see better and can be seen by drivers.
- Cross at street corners and if there is a traffic control in place, obey the traffic signal. Make sure all directions are clear before crossing the street.
- Put down your electronic device! Keep your head up and walk across the street.
- Use sidewalks or pathways. If there are no sidewalks remember to walk facing traffic.
- Slowdown in residential neighbourhoods especially between the peak trick or treating times of 5:30-9:30 p.m.
- Take extra time at intersections to look for children on medians and curbs. Children are very excited on Halloween and their behaviour may be unpredictable.
- Minimize any distractions in your vehicle. Avoid talking on your phone or eating so you can fully concentrate on the road and your surroundings.
Enjoy and have a Happy Halloween !