Brockville – Effective Monday, March 23, 2020, Brockville Transit will modify transit services and only operate the “Evening Route” (Yellow). This will take effect at 6:45am tomorrow, (Monday, March 23, 2020) and buses will operate until their normal end time of 9pm.
The Blue, Red and Green Routes will not be in operation.
This change is part of the modifications the City of Brockville announced on Friday with respect to temporarily suspending non-essential services and modifying some essential service delivery starting Monday, March 23, 2020.
The City of Brockville takes the rapidly evolving COVID 19 crisis seriously and will continue to do our part to help flatten the curve.
Starting Monday, only the following essential services will be operational:
• Police and Fire Services
• Water and Wastewater Services
• Solid Waste Collection
• Transit Services – only Evening Route (Yellow)
A number of other services remain ready to be actioned if required. All emergency and critical tasks will be fully addressed.
The City would also like to remind and encourage everyone to follow the recommendations of our public health agency.
• Stay home
• Properly wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer. Sing Happy Birthday while washing your hands.
• Engage in proper cough or sneeze etiquette, including but not limited to covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze and disposing of used tissues immediately
• Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
• Refrain from shaking hands with another person
• Practice social distancing of at least 2 metres if you must go outside
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
If you have symptoms of a respiratory illness of any kind (e.g. fever, coughing, shortness of breath, etc.) stay home and seek medical treatment.
The City of Brockville continues to review the situation on a day to day basis while we take all necessary precautions towards the spread of COVID-19.
Updates will be provided as soon they become available.