North Grenville – On September 30, 2020 at 10:12 a.m., officers with the Grenville Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) were conducting traffic enforcement on County Road 43 in the North Grenville Township. The officer was assisted by the Automated Licence Plate Recognition System (ALPR).
The ALPR system registered an alert and officers conducted a traffic stop on a motor vehicle. The officer approached the vehicle, however, the driver initially refused to identify himself. A 32 year-old man from Merrickville-Wolford was arrested and charged with:
- Obstruct a peace officer – Criminal Code sec.129(a)
- Drive no licence – Highway Traffic Act (HTA) sec. 32(1)
- Fail to surrender permit for motor vehicle – HTA sec. 7(5)(a)
- No insurance – Compulsory Automobile Insurance Act (CAIA) sec. 2(1)(a)
- Fail to surrender insurance card – CAIA sec.3(1)
The vehicle was towed off the Highway.
The accused is to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Brockville at a later date.