Leeds & 1000 Islands – Members of the Leeds County Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) laid 13 charges following a traffic complaint.
On April 23, 2020 just after 2:00 a.m. officers received a traffic complaint regarding a vehicle driving on two rims, eastbound on Highway 401, Leeds and the Thousand Islands Township. Officers patrolled the highway and located the vehicle.
Investigation led to a 23 year-old from Montreal, Quebec being arrested and charged with:
• Operation while impaired by alcohol or drugs
• Operation while impaired blood alcohol concentration (80 plus)
• Dangerous operation
• Possession of an identity document x 2
• Identity theft- obtain or possess another person’s identity information x 2
• Forging trade mark x 2
• Possession of a credit card x 3
• Possession of property obtained by crime under $5000
The accused is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Brockville at a future date to answer to the charges.