Eastern Ontario – Nine films made by local youth have been nominated for the 2020 MyView Youth Film Festival.
- MyView on Arts by Zoe Mainville of Ottawa
- Isolation Adventures by Adam Yakimovich of Kemptville
- Toxic Relationships | Kids Help Phone by Luke Gardiner of Brockville
- A Girl and Her Bike by Perrin Dickenson of Kemptville
- 1st vs. 3rd World Problems by Zoe Harrall of Gananoque
- Rural FASD Support Network’s trip to Queen’s Park by Aidan Moore & Jacob More of Smiths Falls
- Staying Connected by Mackenzie Ball of Kemptville
- Family by Emily Burns of Smiths Falls
- Sky and Clip: Team Building by Skylar More of Smiths Falls
Now it’s up to our celebrity judges to pick the winners. This year’s judges are:
- Nancy Peckford – Mayor of North Grenville
- Brett Todd – Mayor of Prescott
- Cameron Wales – Brockville City Councillor
- Alexa Waycik – Previous MyView Winner
- Theresa Graham – Previous MyView Winner
MyView is a youth engagement initiative that encourages young people to express themselves through film. The $1000 grand prize is sponsored by Kemptville’s own McGahey Insurance and Grenville Mutual Insurance.
This year – YourTV has sponsored amazing videography prizes for the runners-up that are valued at over $750. Every year is different, and this year there were many outstanding entries in the youngest age category. To ensure that the best films are all considered, the age categories were combined and the judges will be awarding the Grand Prize and 1st, 2nd and 3rd runners-up to the top 4 films overall.
The video submissions can be viewed on the website at www.myviewfilmfest.ca and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/myviewfilmfest. Tune into the Facebook page on Thursday June 4th at 7:30pm to watch the live streamed virtual awards ceremony and see the Grand Prize winner get a contact-free delivery of $1000 and a comically large cheque!