Smiths Falls – As a result of increasing concerns related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), Perth and Smiths Falls District Hospital (PSFDH) is implementing a variety of measures to increase the safety of our patients, staff, volunteers, students and physicians and to ensure that PSFDH can continue to provide the hospital care that our community needs.
Beginning immediately and until further notice, the following measures are being implemented:
Single point of entry:
- There will be a single point of entry at both the Smiths Falls and Great War Memorial (GWM, Perth) hospital sites for both visitors and patients.
- Smiths Falls: Emergency Department entrance on the main floor on the west side of the building (Cornelia Street).
- GWM (Perth): Emergency Department entrance on the north side of the building.
Mandatory screening of all individuals:
- All patients, families, staff, students, volunteers and physicians will complete mandatory screening before entry to the hospital.
- Patients who do not pass the mandatory screening may or may not be granted entry to the hospital depending on the reason for the hospital visit. All patients who are seeking care in the Emergency Department will be assessed in the Emergency Department.
Restriction of visitors to the hospital:
- Visitors to the hospital will be restricted to family members of maternity, critically ill, or patients receiving palliative care. However, any of these visitors must successfully pass mandatory screening to be permitted entry to the hospital.
At this time, regularly scheduled clinics, rehabilitation and surgery will continue but will be reviewed on a daily basis. However, all patients must successfully complete the mandatory screening before entry.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation during this time. The protection of the patients, staff, volunteers, students and physicians is the top priority of PSFDH.