In the photo from L to R are: Doug Ptolemy, Revelation Martial Arts and Fitness; Laura Sivers, Lifefit Athletics; Wendy Onstein, Leeds Grenville Small Business Enterprise Centre; Chris Graham, Custom Cabinets Plus (in back); Johanne Brennan, How to Thaw Your Frozen Feet and Tanya Van Eyk, Bee Wild Herbs. – Photo by Dale Elliott, Hometown TV12
Brockville – It was announced on Tuesday morning that five more businesses have graduated from the latest round of the Starter Company Plus Program hosted by the Leeds Grenville Small Business Enterprise Centre.
This round of participants included; Chris Graham, Custom Cabinets Plus; Doug Ptolemy, Revelation Martial Arts and Fitness; Johanne Brennan, How to Thaw Your Frozen Feet; Tanya Van Eyk, Bee Wild Herbs; and Laura Sivers, Lifefit Athletics.
The program assists businesses in existence for 1 to 5 years; a business looking to expand or an entrepreneur looking to purchase an existing business. The program in funded through the Province of Ontario as part of the economic strategy that strengthens job creation in an innovation-driven economy.
For more information on this program and others please visit: https://www.lgsbec.com/
To qualify for the Starter Company Plus Program you must be:
- 18 years of age or older
- an Ontario resident and Canadian citizen (or permanent resident)
- not attending school full-time or returning to school
- able to contribute 25% of the grant in kind or cash
The 6 month program includes:
- one-on-one guidance from a Small Business Enterprise Centre advisor
- Business plan workshop, coaching and mentorship
- Up to $5,000 grant
The participants listed below are those of the January 2019 graduating class.
Chris Graham, Custom Cabinets Plus:
– designs, builds and installs custom cabinets. The business also creates unique furniture and urns. Chris brings over 30 years of woodworking experience in custom cabinetry design and construction and a keen eye for detail. Chris can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-213-0860 http://www.facebook.com/chrisgrahamccpgmailcom/
Doug Ptolemy, Revelation Martial Arts and Fitness:
– is situated in Brockville, Ontario is a Self-Defense and Fitness Club offering Instruction and Classes in Muay Thai Kickboxing, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, and Group Fitness for people of all ages. The business is owned by Douglas Ptolemy. He has been involved in Martial Arts and Fitness for over 30 years. The Business is currently located at 1185 California Avenue Unit 5. Doug can be reached at: email@example.com; 613 -342-2289
Johanne Brennan, How to Thaw Your Frozen Feet:
– s an author and speaker who has published a book and is bringing awareness to the war behind closed doors on Domestic Violence. Johanne is a survivor, and an advocate for women’s empowerment. Through her business she will empower and educate women with her step by step process of how to leave an abusive relationship. Johanne can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org 613-572-2033 or http://www.thawyourfrozenfeetbook.com
Tanya Van Eyk, Bee Wild Herbs:
– sells hand-crafted herbal remedies for common health complaints; clinical health consultations and assessments coupled with customized remedies; and educational workshops. Tanya offers historical and modern botanical practices with a long history of proven effectiveness and safety. Products being sold are: herbal salves, liniments, tinctures and skin care. Services include health assessments, coupled with customized herbal medicines as well as educational workshops. Tanya can be reached at: 613-404- 5643 email@example.com or http://www.Beewildherbs.com
Laura Sivers, Lifefit Athletics:
– provides physical literacy programming for youth and children in the Leeds and Grenville including Prescott, Gananoque and Brockville through camps, afterschool programming, workshops and team training. Laura is a Registered Professional Coach with the Coaching Association of Canada. LifeFit Athletics vision is to guide, assist and inspire youth to successful and healthy lives anchored in activity and positive life skills. LifeFit Athletics is located at 238 King St West in downtown Brockville. They are now accepting camp registrations for summer. For more information go to http://www.lifefitatheltics.com, or contact Laura at 613-640- 0392 info@lifefitathletics