Elizabethtown-Kitley Twsp. – The Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) East Region Community Street Crime Unit (CSCU) has seized illegal drugs at a location between Brockville and Smiths Falls.
At approximately 6:00 a.m. on May 27, 2020, members of the Street Crime Unit, assisted by the OPP Emergency Response Team (ERT), executed a search warrant at home on the 6th Line of Elizabethtown-Kitley Township. One person was arrested at the home, while two others were arrested in a vehicle in the area a short time later.
Police seized a quantity of crystal methamphetamine, Canadian currency and a cell phone.
Brittany MCPARLAN, age 31 of Prescott, Ontario has been charged under the Criminal Code (CC) with:
- Assault a Peace Officer – sec. 270(1)(a)
- Flight from Peace Officer – sec. 320.17
- Dangerous operation – sec. 320.13(1)
- Fail to comply with recognizance – sec. 145(3)
Michael TELFORD, age 37 of Elizabethtown-Kitley Township has been charged under the Criminal Code with:
- Obstruct Peace Officer – sec 129(a)
- Possession of property obtained by crime under $5000 – sec. 354(1)(a)
- Fail to comply with recognizance – sec. 145(3) – two counts
Both of the accused have been held in custody until a scheduled bail hearing on May 28, 2020 to be held by video before the Ontario Court of Justice in Brockville.
Elspeth ESFORD, age 37 of Elizabethtown-Kitley Township has been charged under the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act with possession of a Schedule 1 substance – sec. 4(1).
This accused has been released from custody and is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Brockville on July 10, 2020.