Edwardsburgh-Cardinal – On March 24, 2020 members of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Leeds, Grenville and Lanark Community Street Crime Unit (CSCU), with the assistance of Tactics and Rescue Unit (TRU), Emergency Responsive Team (ERT) & Canine Unit executed a search warrant at a property located on Blair Road in Edwardsburgh Township.
Some of the items seized by police include:
• Explosives and detonators
• A quantity of suspected cocaine
• Packaging materials and digital scale
• Stolen Sidewinder boat with outboard motor
Sam REID, 21 years old Edwardsburgh, Ontario was charged with:
• Unauthorized possession of explosive substance – Criminal Code (CC) sec. 82(1)
• Possession of controlled substance for the purpose of trafficking schedule 1 (Cocaine) – Controlled Drugs and Substances Act sec. 5(2)
• Possession of property obtained by crime under $5000 – CC sec. 355(b)
The accused is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Brockville at a later date to answer to the charges.