North Grenville – Environment Canada has issued a winter storm warning for our region. The Department of Public Works has reviewed the warning and declared a significant weather event for the Municipality of North Grenville.
During a significant weather event, winter maintenance service levels for sidewalks and roads may not be met. Residents are advised to use extra caution and to avoid any non-essential travel. If you must travel, turn on vehicle lights and maintain a safe following distance. In addition, residents are asked to avoid parking on roads (day or night) until the storm clean-up is completed and avoid walking on the roads whenever possible.
Due to these winter conditions and recommendations, there will be a number of disruptions and/or cancellations of Municipal services.
“In the interest of ensuring the safety of Municipal staff and members of the public, it is prudent to cancel tonight’s Committee of the Whole Council meeting given the coming winter storm”, stated Mayor Nancy Peckford.
Below is a list of disruptions/cancellations as of 12:30 p.m. on Tuesday, February 12. This list will be updated as new information becomes available.
- The Committee of the Whole meeting scheduled for 6:30 p.m. is cancelled.
- The public meetings to address zoning by-law applications at 447 South Gower Drive & 224 Jack Street are cancelled. These will be re-scheduled and notice will be given.
- All arena bookings after 4 p.m. today (Tuesday, February 12) are cancelled.
- All arena bookings before 10 a.m. on Wednesday, February 13 (including adult and family skating) are cancelled.
- North Grenville Public Library will close at 4 p.m. today and will provide an update on whether they will be open on Wednesday.
- There will be no recycling collection on Wednesday; if that is your regular recycling collection day, please put your blue box out on Thursday instead.
- Garbage collection will go ahead as planned. If that changes, information will be provided.
As new information about service disruptions or cancellations becomes available, the information will be posted in the News section of the Municipal website and will be posted on the Municipal Facebook page and Twitter feed.