NORTH GRENVILLE – On July 9, 2019 at around 10 p:m., a vehicle was entered into while it was parked at the South Gower Ball Park, North Grenville Township, Ontario. Cash, wallet and personal identification items were stolen. The culprit smashed the window of the vehicle while a ball game was in play.
Two similar incidents have occurred previously. The first one happened on the June 30, 2019 at around 3 p:m. A van’s back window was smashed in the parking lot of a local business, County Road 43, Kemptville. The second occurred on the same day a short time later at the Burritt’s Rapids Lock Station on River Road, North Grenville. Two purses were stolen from the rear of the vehicle.
An investigation continues.
The Grenville County OPP is encouraging citizens to “Lock It OR Lose It” and to take precautions to protect their vehicle contents from theft.
By taking simple preventative measures, such as confirming your vehicle is locked and by placing items of value out of sight or removing valuable items from your vehicle altogether, victimization can be avoided.
You can help prevent theft by following some crime prevention tips:
- Always roll up your vehicle’s windows, lock the doors and pocket the key.
- If you have a garage, use it and lock the door as well as your vehicle.
- Keep your vehicle registration certificate/proof of insurance on you at all times.
- Always park your vehicle in a well-lit area.
- Never leave valuable objects or packages in full view. Put them in the trunk.
- Never leave your vehicle unattended while it is running.