Kemptville – The Municipality of North Grenville is implementing the Province’s stage-one reopening as it relates to park amenities.
A few Reminders:
- Emergency Provincial Orders remain in place prohibiting gatherings of more than five people outside of your current household. This applies to all public use of opened outdoor park facilities.
- To allow for physical distancing and to limit the spread of COVID-19 when using outdoor sport amenities, maintain a 2 metre distance from others, and avoid picking up someone else’s sports equipment.
- Wash your hands regularly and avoid touching your face. Use hand sanitizer when hand washing facilities are not available. Bring your own pre-filled water bottle, do not share water.
The Municipality’s priority is protecting the health and safety of our residents. Thank you for your continued patience and cooperation.
Tennis & Pickleball Courts are open. Please follow the new guidelines during COVID-19. Please check the hours of use before going.
- No more than 2 people per court (no doubles).
- Players must bring their own supplies and equipment, including marked balls.
- Do not handle or borrow another player’s equipment.No spectators or social visiting on the courts.
- If all courts are busy, please return another time.
- Players are responsible to bring their own supplies to sanitize their equipment and hands.
Benches, picnic tables, bleachers and gates
Park equipment is not sanitized. Users are responsible to bring supplies for safe hand hygiene.
Sports fields are open for casual use with members of the same household. They are closed to organized sports and recreation.
North Grenville’s trails remain open. This includes trails at Ferguson Forest, Kemptville Campus and Limerick Forest. Please respect physical distancing.
Boat launches are open. This includes Curry Park and Muldoon. Please maintain physical distancing protocols both on and off the water.
Ferguson Dog Park has reopened. Please follow the new guidelines during COVID-19.
- Dog owners should maintain physical distancing and not cluster to socialize.
- Water station will remain closed at this time.
- Dogs can be unpredictable. You may find yourself having to break physical distance requirements to deal with dog behaviour. Masks are recommended for your safety when you can’t keep proper distance.
You can also walk your dog in a park’s greenspace, so long it is leashed at all times. Please remember to scoop up poop.
Playgrounds remain CLOSED. Provincial Orders remain in effect prohibiting the use of play structures, swings, slides, splash pads, and outdoor exercise equipment.