Leeds County – Members of the Leeds County Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) are continuing to respond to calls for service as well as conducting traffic enforcement.
DRIVER CHARGED WITH IMPAIRED AFTER CRASHING VEHICLE
On April 3, 2020 just before 9:15 p.m. officers responded to reports of a single vehicle collision on Eric Hutcheson Road, South Elmsley Township. The driver, a 36 year-old man of Rideau Lakes Township was charged with:
• Operation while impaired by alcohol or drugs
• Operation while impaired – blood alcohol concentration (80 plus)
The driver is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Brockville at a future date to answer to the charge.
MOTORCYCLE DRIVER CHARGED
On April 5, 2020 just after 8:00 p.m. an officer was conducting general patrol on Highway 401, Front of Yonge Township. A motorcycle was observed westbound at high rate of speed. A traffic stop was conducted, investigation led to the driver being arrested and charged.
A 30 year-old male from Kingston, Ontario was charged with:
• Race a motor vehicle- excessive speed, contrary to the Highway Traffic Act.
• Possession of weapon for dangerous purpose CC 88
• Possession for the purpose of distributing CA 9(2)
The driver is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Brockville at a future date to answer to the charges. The vehicle was towed and impounded for seven days.