Brockville – Community agencies and partnerships across Leeds, Grenville and Lanark are talking about health equity.
Health equity means everyone has the chance to have a healthy life and be protected from things we cannot change on our own. The Basic Income Guarantee pilot, a Living Wage, universal drug benefit coverage, extended parental leave and increased licensed child care spaces are examples of health equity at work.
Let’s ask questions about health equity?
· What else do people need to be healthy?
· How can we provide what they need?
· Where in the community can they access what they need?
What can you do?
* Share your personal and professional knowledge
* Be involved in your community
* Support policy development that promotes health and well-being
* Reflect on your own choices and actions on the health of our communities