Brockville – Together with partner veterinarians and municipalities, the Health Unit is offering the community Rabies Vaccination Clinics throughout the Leeds, Grenville and Lanark Counties.
The Rabies Vaccination Clinics will be held on Sept 12th and 19th. To find out locations where clinics will be held, call 1-800-660-5853 or visit the Health Unit website at http://healthunit.org/clinics-classes/rabies-clinic.
The goal of hosting these clinics is to help provide rabies vaccinations to as many cats and dogs as possible. As a pet owner, you are responsible for keeping your pet’s vaccination certificate.
Your dog or cat must be vaccinated against rabies. It’s the law! It is important that pet cats or dogs remain up-to-date with their rabies vaccination as they too could be at risk of getting rabies. By increasing the vaccination coverage in pets we will help to minimize the potential transmission of rabies to humans.
In addition, hunters preparing for the hunting season are reminded to get their dogs vaccinated against rabies. While running in the bush, hunting dogs have the potential of interacting with wild life that may have rabies. To help protect some wild animals against rabies, the Ministry of Natural Resources releases bait in certain areas in August. Stay away from wild or stray animals. If you or any member of your family has been bitten, scratched or in contact with a potentially rabid animal, contact your local Health Unit, health care provider, or go to your local emergency health care department immediately.
Rabies is a deadly disease that can be prevented. Help prevent the spread of rabies by vaccinating your pet dog or cat.
For more information about preventing the spread of rabies, call us at 1-800-660-5853 or 613-345-5685 and ask for a public health inspector or visit: http://healthunit.org/clinics-classes/rabies-clinic/ or connect with LGLHealthUnit on Facebook and Twitter.
- Athens Municipal Works Garage – 44 Elgin Street North, Athens, Ontario
- Gord Watts Municipal Centre – 251 North Augusta Road, Brockville, Ontario
- Gananoque Public Works Department – 665 Charles Street North, Gananoque, Ontario
- Merrickville Fire Hall – 317 Brock Street West, Merrickville, Ontario
- Prescott Works Garage – 950 Sophia Street North, Prescott, Ontario
One Day Only
- Rideau Lakes Municipal Office – 1439 County Road 8, Chantry, Ontario
- Westport Fire Hall – 33 Spring Street, Westport, Ontario
- Elgin Fire Hall – 32 Halladay Street, Elgin, Ontario
- North Grenville Fire Station 1 – 259 County Road 44, Kemptville, Ontario
- Augusta Public Works Garage – 5328 Algonquin Road, Augusta Township, Ontario
- Almonte Veterinary Services – 10 Industrial Drive, Almonte, Ontario
- Mississippi Mills Animal Hospital – 451 Ottawa Street, Unit C, Almonte, Ontario
- Carleton Place Veterinary Hospital – 120 Coleman Street, Carleton Place, Ontario
- Valley Veterinary Clinic – 339 Townline Road East, Carleton Place, Ontario
- North Lanark Veterinary Services – 1095 Sheridan Rapids Road, Lanark, Ontario
- Mississippi Veterinary Services – 2809 Highway 29 South, Pakenham, Ontario
- Blueberry Creek Veterinary Hospital – 31 Lanark Road (Highway 511), Perth, Ontario
- Perth Veterinary Clinic – 118 Sunset Boulevard, Perth, Ontario
- Lanark Veterinary Clinic – 88D Cornelia Street West, Smiths Falls, Ontario
- Smiths Falls Veterinary Services – 250 Lombard Street, Smiths Falls, Ontario
- Campbell Road Veterinary Services – 329 William Campbell Road, Smiths Falls, Ontario