LEEDS AND GRENVILLE — Girls Incorporated of Upper Canada is pleased to celebrate and honour girls and women through our annual Strong, Smart & Bold Women of the Year Celebration.
The women who have been selected as the 2017 Strong, Smart & Bold Honourees show that through amazingly different routes, they have become leaders in their fields and are affecting positive change. Through a public nomination process, five inspiring honourees have been selected who, through their work, their interests and their lifestyles, exemplify the Girls Inc. mantra: they are strong, smart and bold.
- Sue Watts, Executive Director of the EEC and community volunteer
- Jane Dargie, Educator, volunteer and quiet leader
- Carol Cassleman, UCDSB Facilities Service Manager and community champion
- Mary Rae Knapp, former Farmer/Insurance Broker, active volunteer and cancer survivor
- Kelly McKinnon, Plant Manager of Shell Lubricants, fund-raiser and volunteer
The Celebration takes place Thursday, June 1st at 7pm at the Brockville Convention Centre.
Tickets are $35, cash bar and a silent auction of locally hand-made/sourced goods and services. Tickets can be reserved by calling Girls Inc. at (613) 345-3295 ext. 0 or e-mailing Kelly@uppercanada.girls-inc.org
Girls Incorporated of Upper Canada is a non-profit organization and leading provider of programs and services specifically for girls between the ages of 6-18. We encourage all girls to develop positive attributes, stand up for their beliefs and represent their community as respected citizens. We are proud to inspire all girls to be strong, smart and bold by providing them the opportunity to develop and achieve their full potential.