Brockville – The City of Brockville is seeking a local community organization to step up to lead the coordination of pickup and delivery of grocery items for our most
Many of our local retailers are doing their part to flatten the curve and assist the most vulnerable members of our community by offering dedicated shopping hours for seniors and those with compromised immune systems, or are offering curb-side pickup of online orders. A list of the current services for grocery and pharmacy can be found on the City of Brockville’s COVID section of the website. This effort is recognized and sincerely appreciated by everyone who is doing their part to reduce the spread of coronavirus in our community, but there are some people who are unable to take advantage of these services.
“Not everyone is able to shop during these dedicated hours either due to a lack of transportation or an inability to access the online ordering services. We are asking the community for a champion to lead the charge to bridge the gap and get groceries and essential items delivered to those who need them most.” said Mayor Jason Baker
The City of Brockville is putting out an urgent call for any organization that may be equipped to handle the logistics and has the volunteer and organizational capacity to take this on get in touch with City Staff to discuss details. Please call 613-342-8772 x4440.
The City would also like to remind and encourage everyone to follow the recommendations of our public health agency.
- Properly wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer. Sing Happy Birthday while washing your hands.
- Engage in proper cough or sneeze etiquette, including but not limited to covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze and disposing of used tissues immediately
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
- Refrain from shaking hands with another person
- Practice social distancing of at least 2 metres
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
If you have symptoms of a respiratory illness of any kind (e.g. fever, coughing, shortness of breath, etc.) you are asked to stay home and seek medical treatment.
The City of Brockville continues to review the situation on a day to day basis while we take all necessary precautions towards the spread of COVID-19.
Updates will be provided as soon they become available.