We Look forward to Our Recovery Together So Please Help Us; Stay Safe and Healthy
Brockville – The City of Brockville is asking all residents to keep health and safety of our community their number one priority this Victoria Day long weekend. This weekend is typically the unofficial start of summer. Let’s do our part to not jeopardize the rest of summer with increased transmission of the virus.
In light of the Province’s announcement the City is looking to reopening the harbour to seasonal boaters only effective Thursday May 28th. City staff will be communicating with seasonal boaters in the coming week about the changes to services.
“We continue to ask that people stay in their home area instead of visiting Brockville at this time. Our community is a great place to visit, but not during the COVID-19 pandemic. When it is safe to do so, we look forward to welcoming visitors once again. Our focus right now is providing services to our residents.” – Mayor Jason Baker
City of Brockville parks and trails remain open to the public for walk-through purposes, but park amenities are still closed in order to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
A reminder of the Provincial restriction that gatherings of no more than five people remain in place.
The City requires the time to evaluate and properly plan for the reopening of park amenities and services in conjunction with public health advice and provincial guidelines when appropriate.
Your patience and compliance are still required as we continue to work together to flatten the curve of the COVID-19 virus. The City is asking that residents adhere to all emergency measures that are still in place.
The City would also like to remind and encourage everyone to follow the recommendations of our public health agency.
- Practice social distancing of at least 2 metres
- Refrain from going out if not feeling well
- Don’t shake hands with another person
- Frequently clean and disinfect touched objects and surfaces
- Properly wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Engage in proper cough or sneeze etiquette, including but not limited to covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze and disposing of used tissues immediately
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
If you have symptoms of a respiratory illness of any kind (e.g. fever, coughing, shortness of breath, etc.) you are asked to stay home and seek medical treatment.
The City of Brockville continues to review the situation on a day to day basis while we take all necessary precautions towards the spread of COVID-19.