ONTARIO REGULATION 104/20 made under the EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT AND CIVIL PROTECTION ACT
Brockville – The City of Brockville continues to take additional steps to ensure the safety of the public, as directed by the Province of Ontario.
Today, Ontario Premier Doug Ford announced that the Province had extended the March 17 Emergency Declaration under the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act. Extended also are all associated orders including the closure of non-essential workplaces and limiting social gatherings.
In announcing the declaration, there were new orders to all municipalities to close outdoor recreational amenities such as all sports fields, playgrounds, play structures, basketball, tennis and pickleball courts, picnic areas, park shelters, off leash dog park, community gardens, skate park, etc. Green spaces in parks, trails and ravines can remain open for pass-through access, but visitors must continue to practice social/physical distancing. City staff have started today to implement these changes.
The City of Brockville will continue to take all the necessary steps to modify our services to ensure our community and staff stay safe.
The City would also like to remind and encourage everyone to follow the recommendations of our public health agency.
- Properly wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer. Sing Happy Birthday while washing your hands.
- Engage in proper cough or sneeze etiquette, including but not limited to covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze and disposing of used tissues immediately
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
- Refrain from shaking hands with another person
- Practice social distancing of at least 2 metres
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
If you have symptoms of a respiratory illness of any kind (e.g. fever, coughing, shortness of breath, etc.) you are asked to stay home and seek medical treatment.
The City of Brockville continues to review the situation on a day to day basis while we take all necessary precautions towards the spread of COVID-19.
Updates will be provided as soon they become available.