BROCKVILLE – On May 31, 2019 members of Community Street Crime Unit (CSCU Leeds-Grenville & Lanark Unit) & Brockville Police Service (BPS) assisted by the Brockville Police Emergency Response Unit (ERT) executed a Search Warrant at a residence on Garden Street, in the City of Brockville, Ontario.
Officers seized a significant quantity of controlled substances suspected to be cocaine, crystal meth and crack cocaine.
As a result, Sean O’CONNOR, aged 52, and Kyle O’CONNOR, aged 30, of Brockville, Ontario were arrested and charged with the following offences:
- Possession of stolen property obtained by crime, under $5,000, contrary to section 354(1)(a) of Criminal Code of Canada
- Possession of Schedule I Substance – Methamphetamine CDSA Section 4(1)
- Possession of Schedule I Substance 1 substance for the purpose of trafficking – Cocaine CDSA section 5(2)
- Possession of Schedule 1 substance for the purpose of Trafficking – other drugs CDSA section 5(2)
- Possession of Weapon for Dangerous Purpose contrary to section 88 of Criminal Code of Canada
They were arrested and transported to the Grenville County OPP Detachment in Prescott where they will be held for bail.
Investigators note that these types of partnerships, involving multiple police services and units, help to make our communities safer.
Anyone having information on the above or any other crime is asked to call Grenville OPP at 1-888-310-1122 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.