For just one week only, September 16 – 22, the full $1 from every Smile Cookie sold will be donated to local charities, hospitals, and community programs across Canada
TORONTO – What’s better than a cookie that tastes good? A cookie that does good! Tim Hortons® annual Smile Cookie campaign is back on September 16, raising money for 550 local charities, hospitals, and community programs across Canada.
For one week only, Tim Hortons guests will be able to purchase signature chocolate chunk cookies, decorated with blue eyes and an iconic pink smile for $1, plus applicable taxes. The full $1 from each Smile Cookie sold will be donated by Tim Hortons restaurant owners.
“Tim Hortons is a brand that has been built up town by town and city by city over the last 55 years and this is one of many initiatives that allow us to give back to the communities in which we live and work. Our guests, restaurant owners and their team members feel incredibly proud knowing that the money raised during the campaign directly supports local causes. We are excited for Smile Cookie’s return every September and to be able to support local charities, hospitals and community programs across the country.”
– Mike Hancock, Chief Operating Officer, Tim Hortons
Locally the stores are have chosen a variety of local charities to accept their proceeds from the smile cookie campaign. Take a look at where your favourite locations’ donations are going.
Brockville – Donations will go to the Brockville General Hospital Foundation.
Prescott – Donations will be shared between the Cardinal, Prescott, and Spencerville branches of the Royal Canadian Legion.
Kemptville – Donations will go to the Kemptville Hospital.
The Mallorytown On Route’s donations will be directed to CHEO: Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario.
The Morrisburg, South Dundas (Morrisburg 401 On Route) and Ingleside stores will make their donations to the Winchester District Memorial Hospital.
The Smiths Falls location will send its donation to the Gerry Lowe Foundation.
Smile Cookie Campaign Facts
- In 2018, the Smile Cookie campaign raised $7.8 million across Canada
- For over 23 years, we’ve been spreading smiles – the first Smile Cookie was sold in 1996 to help raise funds for the Hamilton Children’s Hospital in Ontario
- The Smile Cookie campaign has grown to become a major fundraising event at Tim Hortons Restaurants
- In 2019, Tim Hortons Restaurant owners are supporting an additional 50 charities than they did in 2018 for a total of 550 local charities, hospitals and community programs through the Smile Cookie campaign
Join the Smile Cookie Conversation
- Use the hashtag #SmileCookie
- Tag or follow us on Instagram @TimHortons
- Tag or follow us on Twitter @TimHortons
- Like us on Facebook Tim Hortons
- Subscribe to us on YouTube @TimHortons
- Visit TimHortons.com/smilecookie for a list of local charities benefiting from the Smile Cookie campaign or to place bulk orders