Brockville – The 29th annual Brockville New Year’s Eve Concerts are being held virtually tonight starting at 7:00pm online.
Performances will be available for viewing on December 31 online on YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA-AlrriyN_LZ2Fm2P8Lj3Q
The performers this year are:
- Brenda Kelly & Ralph Robinson band (Traditional country)
- Natalie Edwards (Popular vocal)
- Youth concert appearances by Oscar Arkeveld (Vocal), Andreas Arzoumainian (Piano) & Christopher Arzoumanian (Piano) and Olivia Allen (Piano)
- UOther2: Pam Foster & Donald Wachenschwanz (Rock, pop & folk)
- Pat Johnson (Original blues & folk)
- Dublin Road (Traditional Irish)
- Michael Fenn (Classical Vocal)
- Iron Ring Trio (Folk/Rock)
- Quintessence (Clarinet Quintet)
- Matthew O’Halloran (Jazz Piano)
- First Presbyterian Church Handbell Choir
- CR5 (Bluegrass)
The performances were all pre-recorded for tonight.
The six churches involved each year are St. John’s United Church, St. Lawrence Anglican Church, St. Paul’s Anglican Church, Wall Street United Church, First Baptist Church, and First Presbyterian Church.
The video show was created using the expertise of Bredin Digital who worked with the musical acts. “Bredin Digital was very pleased to have this opportunity to create the virtual content that will ensure the NYE concert series continues this year,” says Rebecca Bredin. “It was a labour of love to create a film of this amazing event.”
The 29th annual video of the performances was made possible by funding from the Brockville & District Chamber of Commerce due to a grant from FedDev ON. “We were proud to fund this incredible legacy project for our community, including a $100 donation to each of the churches for them to be able to donate to charity as they have done each year.” says Pamela Robertson, Executive Director of the Brockville & District Chamber of Commerce.
The committee also acknowledges and thanks Ignite Printing for its ongoing sponsorship as they are back again this year providing posters for the event.