Gananoque – The 10th Annual Chalk the Walk Art Festival is being held this Saturday, May 26th in Gananoque.
Registration opens at 10:00am, and it costs just $2 (including chalk).
Highlights this year include:
- Woodrow at Sea by Wallace Edwards
- A baby show for children newborn to 24 months at 11am—details and registration information on the poster
- Meet Award-winning Children’s Literature Illustrator Wallace Edwards—Wallace’s new book Woodrow at Sea is out now!
- Experience Amazing 3-D Chalk Art by Guy Wales
- Local artist David Day works his “sidewalk magic”
- Meet Joe Campbell – The Bee Man!
- Dr. Orchestro’s One-Man-Band
As well there will be face painting, Air Castle, live music by ‘Spare Ex-change’, BBQ and more.
The ninth annual 1000 Islands International Sidewalk Chalk Art Festival was held May 27, 2017. It was a fun-filled family event showcasing art for all ages. Many types of art were on display, including sidewalk chalk art, paintings, drawings, and fine art. Visitors made their own art, enjoyed a good old-fashioned BBQ, and had their faces painted. There were special activities just for children.
Since 2010 the Festival has featured a special guest: acclaimed author and illustrator Wallace Edwards joined us. As well, the festival has previously teamed with the Canadian Wildlife Federation to celebrate biodiversity.
For more information please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit their Facebook page: