RIDEAU VALLEY AND MISSISSIPPI VALLEY WATERSHEDS – The Mississippi-Rideau Source Protection Committee wants your input on their Draft Amendment for the Rideau Valley Source Protection Area Assessment Report and Source Protection Plan (prepared under Ontario’s Clean Water Act).
The Draft Amendment for the Assessment Report identifies:
- A new wellhead protection area for the new municipal well system for the Western Development Lands in Richmond
- Revised wellhead protection areas for the existing municipal well systems in King’s Park Richmond and Munster
- Potential drinking water threats in the new and existing wellhead protection areas
The Draft Amendment for the Source Protection Plan does not include any policy changes but rather simple updates to reflect the addition of new or revised wellhead protection areas in Munster and Richmond, including updated maps and schedules.
There are several ways to view the Draft Amendment:
Visit the Mississippi-Rideau Source Protection Region’s website:
Visit either of the Conservation Authority Offices:
- Mississippi Valley Conservation Authority, 10970 Hwy. 7 Carleton Place from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. weekdays
- Rideau Valley Conservation Authority, 3889 Rideau Valley Drive, Manotick from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. weekdays
Contact Tessa Di Iorio at the City of Ottawa at 613-582-2424 ext. 17658 to schedule a viewing appointment at:
- North Gower Client Service Centre, 2155 Rogers Stevens Drive, North Gower
- Laurier Client Service Centre, 110 Laurier Avenue West, Ottawa