Belleville – The South East Local Health Integration Network (LHIN), today launched a public engagement process to encourage residents from across the region to help guide the future of health care in their communities.
The perspectives and input gathered throughout the process will inform the South East LHIN’s fifth Integrated Health Services Plan (IHSP5), and provides an opportunity for community input on regional health care services. The South East LHIN relies on information gathered through community engagement, to make decisions about health system transformation, health service delivery, and funding allocations.
The LHIN encourages everyone in the region to complete the online survey between now and April 6, 2018 by visiting www.southeastlhin.on.ca. Paper copies of the survey can be made available on request. Please contact Caitlin den Boer, Director, Communications and Engagement at the South East LHIN by calling 613.967.0196 ext. 2240.
The South East LHIN’s IHSP5 will define the activities of the South East LHIN and local health providers for the three-year period from 2019-2022, with the goal to ensure that individuals have better access to the most appropriate health services focused on their needs.
- The South East LHIN values the input of local residents, patients, families, caregivers, communities, health service providers and other key stakeholders, which is why community engagement is a core value that guides planning and decision-making processes.
- The South East LHIN has launched a community engagement campaign to support the development of the IHSP V
- The campaign launches March 6, 2017 and will extend until April 20, 2018
- Analysis of the survey results may indicate further engagement (including in-person/one-on-one) is required during June/July 2018
- Paper copies of the survey are available by contacting the Communications Department at the South East LHIN
- The input received will be one factor, among others, considered in the drafting of the South East LHIN’s IHSP 2019-2022